OneLogin’s MFA Services Are More Important Than Ever

0
98

 

There’s been a great disturbance in the IT field for the last several months, and with the end of 2017 came the beginning of new security problems everywhere in the business world. Spectre and Meltdown followed not long after, and soon everyone was aware of the layer-zero vulnerabilities that plagued every single ARM, Intel and AMD platform since the Pentium 4 Nehalem days. However, the rapid efforts to patch this wound in hardware architecture didn’t stop the almost-weekly onset of large-scale database compromises.

 

Firstly, let’s discuss what exactly is going on behind the scenes:

 

  1. IT managers are panicking. Wherever there’s IT, there are IT managers, and they’re not happy with the state of affairs in the cyber-world. The industry of work is inconsequential to this concern; university IT is just as hung-up as business IT and everything in between. There’s a lot of ugly truth to the situation of cross-country hacking, sneaky malware and malicious intrusions that they want but don’t want us to know about. They want us to be educated, but they don’t want mass hysteria; more, they’re usually bound by contract to keep such information undisclosed.

 

  1. The old tricks aren’t working anymore. Backflips aren’t cool these days; they don’t dodge the bullets and certainly won’t prevent identity theft if the offending agent has any clue of the most recent vulnerabilities in hard- and software structures that are prominent today. The fact is, our old security methods are more developed than ever, yet they’re doing little to stop the attacks now on small and large scales alike. The bad guys have figured it out, and they’re now just scaling old walls with new ladders.

 

  1. Third parties are doing more harm than we’d like to admit. It’s never been more important for businesses to do everything in their power to fortify security. Every bore and caliber of enterprise needs to box itself in, but the heavyweights have more to watch their back for: They’re larger targets, typically have more holes to exploit and more data to make off with. In fact, 33 percent of corporate businesses on the market employ up to 25 vendors while another 10 percent utilize up to 200 or more such third parties to carry out their front-most executions.

 

  1. These days, security issues run a minimum of six figures to cure. Studies found that 90 percent of large-scale database compromises yield losses of more than $190,000 while the remaining 10 percent suffer damages of $750,000 — usually much more. Combined with the statistics in the previous notation, those numbers are suddenly much more real — or surreal, maybe — because they don’t just happen every once in awhile but constantly for some businesses.

 

The answer to all this is OneLogin: an innovative mixture of single sign-on (SSO) funneling techniques combined with ablative one-time password (OTP) security and topped off with industry-leading multifactor authentication (MFA) to keep intruders locked out. OneLogin basically quarantines a selected domain and channels the many third-party connections through a unified, ultra-simple interface that allows operatives and executives alike to gain access to the system quickly while malicious agents are challenged by a take-no-prisoners series of checkpoints and verifying elements.

 

OneLogin’s MFA repertoire basically covers these four areas:

 

  • User-dictated security questions
  • Text messages with OTPs
  • Alerts through their free app, OneLogin Protect
  • Downloadable hardware certificates

 

These MFA measures can be applied to anything, including:

 

  • Cloud servers
  • Apps that are released to the public
  • Web portals
  • Servers
  • Databases
  • Access keys
  • Device software
  • Devices themselves

 

OneLogin’s development teams are willing to work with IT managers to determine what needs to be covered and in what ways. While OneLogin may recommend sealing everything off since it’s easier on the staff members and more secure for the whole company, it’s entirely possible to pick and choose where the layers are added. With a mediation service like this, IT managers can hopefully take the chill pill they deserve and rest easy. However, malicious agents will always be on the prowl to circumvent these measures, but OneLogin’s professional teams are working around the clock to stay four steps ahead.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here